Saturday, May 15, 2010

I've been working hard on two knitting projects lately, thus so few posts! The first is a pair of house shoes...
Its the same yarn as the wrist warmers I created before. What you see here is the heal, and I've started knitting in the round for the arch. I had the arch done, but realized I'd messed up some stitches and decided it would be worth going back to fix it, so out came 6.5 cm of purl 1, knit 1.

The second project, but which is far more advanced, is a baby sweater, from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket pattern. Its so very tiny! I used sport weight (I think) yarn -- sock yarn and US 3 needles. This is for The Sister who is due in October. When she knows the gender of the baby, I'll make a bigger sweater of an appropriate color.


I've also been thinking about how I can make a bit of extra money with the knitting, crocheting and such things that I enjoy doing. I don't think I do enough of it, or fast enough to really be able to make much from the sale of these items, but I might go for making stuff even if I don't have a specific purpose with the thought that if I don't give it away, I can sell it. And perhaps this is something I can do when I'm staying home with kids... a tad extra income.

So many ideas... so little time!

1 comment:

Reginas Cottage said...

hi
your knitting projects looking great.
I like your knitting house shoes!!!
have a nice weekend,
regina
reginassimplelife.blogspot.com